Print Back to Calendar Return
    9. l.    
BAYTOWN CITY COUNCIL MEETING
Meeting Date: 05/14/2020  
Subject:    Consider Authorizing a Grant Application to the FY2020 Assistance to Firefighters Grant - COVID-19 Supplemental Program. Fire.
Prepared for: Rick Davis Prepared by: Leasa Lopez, Grants
Department: Grants  

Information
ITEM
Consider a resolution authorizing the City Manager to submit an application to the FY2020 Assistance to Firefighters Grant  - COVID-19 Supplemental Program (AFG-S) on behalf of the Fire Department.
PREFACE
This proposed resolution authorizes the City Manager to submit a grant application for the FY 2020 Assistance to Firefighters Grant -COVID-19 Supplemental Program (AFG-S) authorized by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act for critical Personal Protective Equipment and supplies needed to prevent, prepare for, and respond to the COVID-19 health emergency.  The AFG-S Program represents part of a comprehensive set of measures authorized by Congress and implemented by the DHS. Since 2001, AFG has helped firefighters and other first responders to obtain critically needed equipment, protective gear, emergency vehicles, training and other resources needed to protect the public and emergency personnel from fire and related hazards.

If approved by Council, the City Manager will submit an application to FEMA for $130,167.01 for the purchase of new and replacement personal protective equipment (PPE) and supplies for first responders including fire fighters, EMS, and special response team members.  FEMA requires a 15% local cost share. If awarded, Baytown Fire will use their existing medical supply budget for the 15% or $19,600.65 local cash match. The projected period of performance will be twelve months from May 30, 2020 or the date of the award, whichever is later.
RECOMMENDATION
Staff recommends approval. 

Fiscal Impact
Fiscal Year: 2020
Acct Code:
Source of Funds (Operating/Capital/Bonds): Grants
Funds Budgeted Y/N: N
Amount Needed: 130,167.01
Fiscal Impact (Additional Information):
The project total is anticipated to be $130,167.01. If funded, the AFG-S program will provide 85% funding or $110,641.95 on a reimbursement basis. The City of Baytown will be responsible for the remaining 15% or $19,600.65 as a local "cost share". The local cash match of $19,600.65 will be sourced the BFD's existing/approved budget: medical supply account. Account Number to follow on Monday, 05/04 from BFD.
Attachments
Resolution - Fire Act Grant

AgendaQuick©2005 - 2020 Destiny Software Inc., All Rights Reserved